Thursday, December 4, 2008

Creamy Whole Wheat Spaghetti

I made a creamy spaghetti noodles dish with sauteed yellowfoot chanterelle mushrooms last night. We had a roasted chicken from the store, and sauteed zucchini on the side. Since David's going to be home late tonight, so Vincent and I had leftovers. The difference tonight is that I added the chicken into the pasta, shredded. For Vincent, he had corn in his noodles as well, and his mushrooms & zucchini were pureed, then added back into the noodles as a sauce.


It is always so hard to know if your child will actually eat what you put in front of them. I made the mistake of giving Vincent a milkshake with dinner. I thought if I gave him just a small amount, then it would be okay, but he was doing a much better job eating before the milkshake. At least it was just banana, blueberries and milk only. And, he did end up eating half the amount of noodles I dished up for him, which means he got the mushrooms and zucchini (in pureed form) as well. I'm thinking this is going to be the new thing for me whenever possible: making a sauce out of whatever pureed good stuff I know he won't eat if in regular form.
Oh the darn milkshake!

No comments: