Saturday, August 15, 2009

Our CSA, and my little mistake

I meant to post last night's meal here, but it ended up on our family blog. You can go see it there at http://ourteamhunt.blogspot.com/.

We have a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) box again this year with Oxbow Farm. We share it with another family because one box each week is more than we can eat. We LOVE it.

This week, we get the whole box, since our friends are camping. We're leaving town next week, too, so I want to make sure I get as much use out of it as I can, though I suspect I might have to give some veggies away to my neighbors.

I spent much of last night working on just that. Beets got roasted, beet greens taken off their stems & washed, lettuces cut and washed, carrots stemed and washed, cucumber cut up & "pickled" with sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, salt, sugar and sriracha, and basil turned into pesto.
I'm pretty proud of myself for working so hard.
Beautiful basil.Behold, my pesto.

No comments: