Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Recent Meals

I found some food photos recently, and realized that I have not blogged about any of them!! Shame on me. So, here's a quick photo journey of some of the foods I've made in our home for dinner...

(Giant) Rosti- shredded Yukon gold potatoes, seasoned with salt and pepper, and pan fried in duck fat.
Sauteed kale with turkey kielbasa, garlic, and a touch of sherry vinegar.
 
 Sauteed clams with Chinese sausage and black bean sauce.
 Cabbage salad.
 Chicken Parmesan. My first time making this. It was yummy.
Okay, this one, I didn't make, nor was it in my home. But, it was one of the 5 delicious courses I recently had at Rover's restaurant. This is their seared foie gras with savory profiterole, and brandy gastrique. It was not part of the 4 course tasting menu I ordered, but I just had to add this on. It was pretty incredible. This was one of my best meals in Seattle. Sadly, Rover's will be closing its doors this spring.
Pesto tortellini, turkey kielbasa, and broccoli, tossed in a tomato cream sauce.
This is my brunoise mire poix for bolognese sauce (and a 6-inch chef's knife). Why is this significant? Because, I contemplated chopping my veggies in a food processor, before settling on hand cutting. I had this whole dialog with myself (in my head) about the importance of using my knife skills, and hand chopping vs a food processor, etc. Even though it was all going into a ragu, and will hardly be noticed. Knife skills are one of my few talents I feel really proud and strongly about. These are not perfectly diced vegetables. Not even close. But, I know I can do this, and I know I can do it fairly quickly. And, when I'm done, I only need to clean my knife and cutting board, which neither requires unplugging and disassembling. Just sayin'.
 Whole wheat spaghetti bolognese (with those brunoise veggies).

No comments: