Monday, February 14, 2011

Gadget Removed & CSA Update

Yup, I removed my gadget with my weekly menu ideas. It was a short lived addition that I failed miserably at. Oh well.

But, let's talk about last week's CSA. I did end up roasting my sunchokes and turnips, like I said I would. David and I ate them like a snack, but they were also served alongside some homemade chorizo chili and grilled chicken (for the kids). I used my roasted beets in a salad with the greenleaf lettuce on Friday, when a couple of girlfriends and I got our children together and cooked together while our husbands were away. The broccoli is kept simple. Steamed with water and some salt. That's the way my boys like it. And, finally, my friend, Jean, cooked up the spinach for us with sesame oil and garlic. Dee-lish.

We still half the box left. I don't see any fancy cooking in the near future, but you'd better believe it'll still be healthy, wholesome, fresh and delicious.

No comments: