Thursday, November 26, 2009

It's The Big Day!

OMG! What have I been doing since Sunday????

Well, let's look back:

Monday - pulled the turkey from the freezer.
Tuesday - nothing...unless you count that I thought about Thanksgiving dinner.
Wednesday - busy, busy!
-cut and cleaned kale
-sliced & diced onions
-diced celery
-picked thyme & parsley off stems
-poached Bosc pears
-made sage butter
-chopped garlic
-reconstituted dried mushrooms
-made ranch dip

I opted not to brine the turkey, because it wasn't quite defrosted, and I just ran out of steam. I didn't chop my herbs as planned, either. And, I didn't make the giblet broth. Gosh, I hope I don't end up scrambling a more today. Oh well, I'm sure it'll all come together at some point today, and if I don't have time to make the broth, well, let's just say I'm THANKFUL for boxed chicken stock. Heeheehee.

No comments: