Thursday, November 19, 2009

Turkey Day Countdown - 2

I need to make a shopping list. I don't think it'll be too big of a list, as I've got some of it already, and we are getting some vegetables in next week from our CSA. We just signed up for the boxes this week to start next week. I'm super excited. It's with Full Circle Farm in Carnation, WA. Our first CSA was with them. Then, we did the summer CSA with Oxbow. Oxbow does not offer their boxes in the fall and winter months, which is actually when I have the hardest time buying vegetables in the store.

Anyway, I went off on a tangent...

So, here's what I have on hand:
-dried bread for stuffing
-dried wild mushrooms
-dried cranberries
-onions
-cooked chestnuts
-muffin mix
-chicken stock
-turkey is ordered & on its way
-sparkling juices for drinking
-butter
-an assortment of potaotes (if I decide to use them)

Here's what I need:
-fresh thyme, sage, and parsley
-yukon gold potatoes (maybe)
-gruyere cheese
-kale (2 bunches)
-delicata squash (x2); should be arriving with CSA
-poultry seasoning (???) it's what the stuffing called for...

I can't think of what else. I am sure I'll be adding more as the day draws near.

No comments: