Saturday, March 13, 2010

2 Months Later...3 Days of Ground Meat

Oh gosh, so bad at posting! But, I have a picture! Ugh, now that I'm looking at it, it looks pretty boring, but I assure it, it was yummy.

Dinner tonight was ground beef tacos with corn tortillas. I made a light slaw of shredded red cabbage & romaine lettuce, julienned carrots, and sliced shallots, with a dash of champagne vinegar, salt & pepper. It went really nicely inside the tacos, but was also tasty just on its own. The rice was just a mix of white & brown rice from last night's meal. We also had some store bought local, organic salsa & sour cream. **This was ground meat #2.

Ground meat #1 was last night, pork cooked in soy sauce, served over rice. On the side, we had steamed broccoli & a salad of romaine lettuce, carrots, cabbage, shallots, and toasted sliced almonds, with an orange dressing from Drew's. This was my best batch of this pork dish so far, I think. It wasn't as salty as normal, but still very flavorful. I cooked it with chunks of galic & ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, chicken stock, one bay leaf, and just a small amount of unrefined sugar.

The plan is to have ground meat #3 tomorrow night, lamb. I think it'll be lamb burgers, but I'm torn. It might end up being lamb bolognese. We'll see.

Why all this ground meat? Sale at QFC.

Last week I got a little inspired and did two seafood dishes. I rarely do seafood, so twice in one week was unheard of! Fish tacos one night and crab salad another night.

My other menu thoughts for the upcoming week include *pasta a la carbonara, *quiche, & *quinoa with sausage. Coming in my Full Circle Farm box next week include spinach, crimini mushrooms, eggplants, red potatoes, mizuna, zucchini, and sunchokes. I'm excited about this box and will be working on finding dishes to match my produce.

Ooh, and last weekend I made blood orange ice cream! We finished the last of it for dessert tonight. It was subtle, creamy and delicious.

No comments: