Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ground Meat #3

Lamb burgers! They turned out super. Instead of buying burger buns, I found these Oroweat dinner rolls that were basically little unsliced buns. I sliced them myself, put a little butter on them & toasted them in the oven. Actually, David put them in the oven. Here's my little lamb burger with melted American cheese, thick sliced bacon, romaine lettuce, and balsamic onions. For the burger meat, I mixed the ground lamb with finely chopped carrots ("sneaking" in for the kids) & shallots, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan cheese. When I make burgers, I like to first roll the meat into a ball, then shape it into a patty with a ring mold. I choose a ring mold that is slightly larger than the bun to allow for shrinkage during cooking. Shaping my burgers this way yields the best results. I've tried doing it without starting with the ball or just smashing the ball into a patty, and in both cases, they just don't hold the nice "patty" shape. Try it...make three different burgers using each of the above techniques and let me know how yours turn out. I'm totally curious! David actually did the cooking of the burgers tonight. I just got everything ready.

Oh, and as a side, we had a light coleslaw, similar to last night's. This one had shredded broccoli stems as well.

No comments: