Saturday, April 10, 2010

Flank Steak Dinner

I loaded up this plate with everything we had for dinner last night, except the sauce. There was a delicious madeira wine sauce with this dinner. What you are seeing here is roasted cauliflower, sauteed snow peas with almonds, tater tots, and marinated flank steak with St. Agur blue cheese.For the steak, I marinated it with salt, pepper, fresh thyme leaves, chopped fresh rosemary, chopped garlic, and extra-virgin olive oil, overnight. When it was time to cook, I pulled the steak out of the fridge and set it on the counter to temper a bit while I got the rest of dinner together, about 10-15 minutes. I heated my saute pan, added canola oil to the pan, then seared my meat. I had the oven preheated to 425 for the cauliflower and tater tots, so after I seared the meat on both sides (approx. 3 minutes per side), I popped my pan in the oven to finish cooking for about 5 minutes.

So, what's up with the tots? I have kids! Plus, I love steak frites, and since we didn't have fries in house, I went with what we had...tater tots!

Dinner turned out to be a hit with everyone & it was all eaten up! For dessert, we finished off the caramel apples and whipped cream from yesterday. While Tyler was eating his dessert, he kept saying, "Mmmmm."

No comments: